Student Academic Fees
College of Agriculture, Food, and Environmental Sciences
2008-2009 College Based Fees
History and Purpose
In 2002, Cal Poly students passed the College-Based Academic Fee Initiative, mandating an increase in tuition for the purpose of initiating and funding the College Based Fees program. Since then, the College of Agriculture, Food, and Environmental Sciences (CAFES) College Based Fees Committee has been dedicated to promoting student development and enhancing educational quality for students of the college.
The CAFES College Based Fees Committee will consist of the CAFES Dean, a student Committee Chair, and one student representative from each department within CAFES. The Committee will meet 1-2 times per quarter, dependent on the quantity of applications received. Students interested in participating on the Committee should contact their department chair.
Applicants of CAFES College Based Fees must conform to the following guidelines:
- Proposals must benefit students within CAFES and involve students from multiple departments. Funding for individual departments is available through departmentally - based student fee committees.
- Proposals must be “student development” oriented. Examples include guest speakers, conferences, workshops, class-related equipment, etc.
- Access the CAFES College Based Fees proposal application at www.cafes.calpoly.edu under the “Student Academic Fee” link.
- E-mail the completed proposal to the CAFES Dean (David Wehner) and the CAFES College Based Fees Committee Chair (Shawn Cooper) at least two days prior to the Committee meeting.
- Applications less than $500 will be reviewed by the Dean. All other applications will be reviewed and decided on by the CAFES College Based Fees Committee.
- Approved proposals will be required to return original receipts to the CAFES Dean’s Office in order to receive reimbursement.