Academic Probation- CAFES

Many students face academic difficulty at some point in their college careers—you are not alone!  There are many people across campus that are here to support you and your academic journey.  Here are some things to know:

Understand the Policy and Resources Available

The Mustang Success Center has put together a comprehensive webpage that covers the following topics:

  • Understanding the Academic Probation & Disqualification Policy
  • Frequently Asked Questions about being on Academic Probation/Disqualification
  • What is next?
  • Getting back on track
  • Academic Support


Attend a Required Intervention

Students on Academic Probation in the College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences will be required to complete an intervention. The intervention will differ by a student's year in school, the number of times they have been on Academic Probation, and how close they are to Disqualification. All students will receive an email stating what they are required to do. To summarize, here are interventions required of CAFES students on Academic Probation.

* Students in Animal Science or Agribusiness will be contacted by their departments with instructions.

* All other CAFES students will be required to participate in one of the following:

  • First-Year Freshmen Students: Complete PolyLearn and attend First-Year Success Program.  For more information please contact Arton Falahati in the Mustang Success Center.
  • Second-Year (and beyond) and First-Year Transfer Students: Complete “CAFES Academic Probation” PolyLearn course. This course needs to be taken each term a student has an academic probation status - regardless of how many times they have taken it prior. For more information please contact CAFES Advising at
  • Students who are at risk of falling below their grade level limits and thus being disqualified will be contacted by their advisor for a required meeting.

Failure to complete the required intervention by the deadline specified in the email outlining the requirement will result in a registration hold being paced on the student’s account.

Related Content