LEARN BY DOING INITIATIVES
- Dean’s Power of Doing Fund - Allows us to move quickly to seize special opportunities, leverage resources, and address the most pressing needs across the college.
- Learn by Doing Endowment – In 2009, 11 innovative agriculture leaders who recognize the distinct advantage of a hands-on education came together to form the Learn by Doing Endowment to support the college’s renowned tradition of excellence. Each founding member donated a gift of $100,000 to create a fund of $1.1 million that is used to multiply the impact of their original gifts through matching endowments. Learn more about this unique program.
- Industry Engagement Fund - To spur innovation and solve real-world challenges, we seek to strengthen our ties to industry in the classroom, in the workplace, and in the field.
We are equipping our students with the resources needed to become tomorrow's leaders. Investing in our students ensures that we recruit and retain the best and brightest students; and provides them with the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in industry as soon as they graduate.
- CAFES Cal Poly Scholars
- Earn by Doing Internship Program
- Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP)
CENTERS FOR EXCELLENCE
We are building for the future. Our students thrive on Learn by Doing opportunities that enable them to create, collaborate and innovate. Centers of excellence will bring students, faculty and industry together to discover new solutions to complex issues.
- JUSTIN and J. LOHR Center for Wine and Viticulture
- Boswell Ag Tech Center within the William and Linda Frost Center for Research and Innovation
- George Wurzel Plant Sciences Building
- Wildland-Urban Interface (WUI) Institute
- Swanton Pacific Ranch
Already know where you want to make an impact in the College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences? From matching gifts to bequests to gifts of stock, learn how you can make your gift.